The Society is based out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We incorporated on June 26, 1987, as a non-profit society, and since then, we have and continue to stage with tremendous success.
Our primary mandate and objectives are:
- To promote cultural exchanges among different Artists who perform Hispanic Music, Dance, Performing, and Visual Arts.
- To advance and promote the Hispanic community for the public benefit.
- To bring the public’s attention to the unique characteristics of the Hispanic Arts Community.
- To enhance Arts Community and to increase Canada’s access to artistic experiences.
- To help expose Hispanic emerging talents and promote established artists.
Our basic foundation values, the values upon which all we do is based:
- Respect for people
- Respect for culture
- Appreciation for diversity
The Hispanic Arts Society has contributed to the cultural life in Calgary through its various cultural and educational programs. We are mainly known for the annual Expo Latino Festival which is celebrated at the Prince’s Island Park in August and for Salsa On The Street on Stephen Avenue in July and August. These are our regular programs: