About the Society
The Society is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We incorporated on June 26, 1987, as a non-profit society, and since then, we have and continue to stage with tremendous success.
Our primary mandate and objectives are:
- To promote cultural exchanges among different Artists who perform Hispanic Music, Dance, Performing, and Visual Arts.
- To advance, promote, and educate the general public and schools about the appreciation of Hispanic art and culture by providing workshops, cultural pavilions, and public artistic performances that portray the peculiarity of the 20 Latin American countries plus Spain.
- To enhance Arts Community and to increase Canada’s access to artistic experiences.
- To help expose Hispanic emerging talents and promote established artists.
Our fundamental foundation values:
- Respect for people
- Respect for culture
- Appreciation for diversity
The Hispanic Arts Society has contributed to the cultural life in Calgary through its various cultural and educational programs. We are mainly known for the annual Expo Latino Festival, celebrated at the Prince’s Island Park in August and for Salsa On The Street on Stephen Avenue in July and August. These are our regular programs: